Sunday, November 13, 2011

Upcycled Cashmere.....what to do with a pile of thrifted sweaters




This is kind of a followup from a previous post, "The Cashmere Hoard", that I wrote last Spring.  I've continued to hack, scrap and sew my way through a giant bag of thrifted cashmere and wool sweaters, making the usual leg warmers but also three sweaters for Lola.


"Bunny People"



Lola, Easter 2011


My latest Lola sweater. 
Cashmere scrap appliqued mushrooms on a sweater made from a burgundy wool cardigan that I wore about 20 years ago along with brown cashmere ribbing.  The ribbing at the shoulders was actually the result of screwing up the armholes to where I needed to add fabric back in.  I love happy accidents.



Next, I will finally be making a sweater dress for Bea.

No comments:

Post a Comment